Friday, March 3, 2017

Crazy Year Part II

To continue with our amazing and crazy year, I will start where I left off - Summer 2016. After leaving WSU (15 years at the Libraries alone; over 30 years total) and beginning my new adventure at Trios Health, I never looked back. I had prayed about this new job and talked with Ken endlessly about it, and when they met the criteria we had set - I quickly accepted their offer. Ken and I have spent the months from July to now apart during the week and together on the weekends. Our house in  Colfax went on the market, we packed 99% of our stuff and moved it into storage in August/September.

October brought the most amazing day to our family. Ken was ordained as a permanent Deacon in the Roman Catholic Church in Boise ID along with 3 other holy men. Ken had studied for 4 years plus two additional years of discernment and learning the art of being a Deacon. He was ready for this!  The entire rite was amazing, beautiful and filled with such emotion - tears were a big part of this day for me. To say I was proud and in awe just doesn't quite explain the emotions of that day but will have to suffice. In the pews were many friends from all over the country as well as daughter, Kara and her husband, Kerem; our son, Deakin and his wife, Nicole; my sister Bonnie, her husband, Calvin and their son, Zak; and last but most importantly, Ken's mom, Faye, who drove all the way from Pensacola, FL in her RV. She spent a month and a half touring the United States before arriving in Boise for the ordination in mid-October. It was a wonderful day and it was made even more memorable by having an early Thanksgiving dinner (lovingly prepared by our amazing daughter-in-law, Nicole) with all of our family there! So very special. The next day, Ken was able to baptize our two youngest grandsons (Deakin & Nicole's youngest boys) at St. Paul's Catholic Church in Nampa, ID. To have his first baptism be for these two little guys was beyond amazing. Spencer and Connor were baptized by the best grandpa in the world! When time allows, I will try to post some photos of this event.

I guess the rest of the story will have to wait for the next installment. I guess I didn't realize just how much crazy stuff happened to us in 2016. Stay tuned for more. God bless y'all.

No comments: